Do you have a condo to sell? If yes, then you will be happy to know that we can help you sell that property within 30 days or less! Yes, you heard it, you can actually sell your home within 30 days and even gain enough profit from it. Knowing the steps and educating yourself on what to do about it is the best path to take and this article can help you with that.
Is Selling Your Condo a Good Idea?
A lot of condominium owners hesitate on selling their units thinking that it will not sell easily. Truth is, there are a good number of people who are looking for practical places to live in and call it home. A condo unit is a type of house of the house that is convenient for those people who are always on the go and have no time to trim the backyard or keep up a front lawn. It’s a place where they can go home to, relax and enjoy time on their own without worrying about next-door neighbors, lawns and the likes. So if you have a condo that is situated in a good location then it is most likely to sell easy! You can even sell it much more than you have acquired it for given that it’s proximity to important places (supermarkets, malls, schools, police stations, etc.) is easy access.
6 Ways to Make a Condo Sell
The first 30 days of selling your house in the market are crucial. That is why it is best to do everything you can to make it sell within those days. Here’s what you need to do:
- Changing paint colors – perhaps one of the simplest and inexpensive ways to liven up your condo is to change its paint. A fresh coat of paint on walls can instantly brighten it up and give that instant makeover. If your condo looks dull and lifeless, it may be due to dark or old paints. Painting it with bright, neutral colors can maximize your home’s space and make them appear larger or spacious. It also helps you get a good return of investment and can be easily done in a couple of days or weeks depending on how fast you can prepare your condo.
- Do small fixes – buyers will always inspect a condo unit before they decide on buying it, right? If they spot broken cabinets or leaky faucets then it could be a turn-off and may give them the impression that you don’t care about your home at all. Replacing broken faucets, repairing cabinet doors, replacing broken tiles or torn screens, touching up holes or cracks on walls and the likes are simple things to do. Not only will it make your condominium look brand new, but it will also impress your buyer. So if you ever find anything that needs fixing around the house then you might as well get them fixed. Make sure to check around your unit for things that are broken or needs fixing as you might have missed them while living there.
- Brighten your condo – if you are used to living in a dimly lit environment then it will not work for other people. Some buyers love a bright and well-lit place to live in and if you plan on showcasing your condo, you might as well add lights. Open your drapes and let the sunshine in, add new lights and replace old ones. Showing your entire home with bright lights will also add more space to your condo which will be more attractive to potential buyers.
- De-clutter your space – lesser stuff means bigger space so remove the things that you don’t need around your condo. This will give way to new spaces and at the same time allows buyers to see how big your unit is. Remove any personal items that you don’t want people to see when showcasing your condo. De-cluttering does not only mean removing everything, it also means organizing your things. Make sure to arrange bookshelves properly (if you have one), plumping up the cushions and arranging your living area can also help and make your condo look organized. Keep in mind that buyers would like to see themselves living in your condo so make sure to retain fewer items as much as possible.
- Remove your pets – if you own a cat, dog or gerbils, make sure to remove them before you sell your condo. Remove their cages, toys, food bowls as well as other items that could indicate their presence.
- Make it super clean – before selling your condo unit, make sure that it’s squeaky clean. Take your time and scrub, wash, remove and mop your unit before taking pictures to be posted. Make sure that the bathrooms are extra clean, toilet stains cleaned and bleached and your kitchen is immaculate! Use proper cleaning tools to clean the windows, sinks and make sure that all the bedrooms are vacuumed and dust-free. Keep in mind that you want to make a good impression on your buyers and cleaning your unit before selling it can help you with that.
Where to Sell Your Condo?
There are a number of places where you can sell your condo. One is through a real estate agent. Real estate agents have connections and know people who might be interested in buying a condominium. Not only that, they have listings where your condo can be posted. Besides having connections, they also have knowledge of how to sell your condo unit quick so you don’t have to worry about how you can sell it as they already know how to do that for you.
If you don’t want to use a real estate agent, posting on social media groups can also help. There are plenty of groups and pages as well as online listings that allow people to post whatever it is that they are selling however, there is a downside to this option. Posting online means you are vulnerable to people with no good intentions. Unlike working with a real estate agent, posting your condo online can attract possible thieves and other unwanted characters. In case you decide on posting online, make sure to separate your personal contact information from your business info. This way you can protect your privacy as you sell your unit.
Selling a condo unit can be done within 30 days or less as long as you do your part as the seller. It is best to work with a real estate agent too as they already have the means and knowledge on how to sell properties. Make sure also that when you sell your unit, you sell it with no doubts otherwise all your efforts will be for nothing.