If you’re thinking about listing your home for sale, you’ve probably noticed the signs around town that say, “We buy houses for cash in Las Vegas!” or “We buy ugly houses in Las Vegas!” These signs have always been around, but you’re not likely to notice them until you need them.
If you’re like most sellers, this will probably be your first time dealing with a real estate investor. So what pros and cons should you be aware of before starting this relationship? Below we cover everything you need to know about selling your home to a real estate investor in Nevada.
The Pros of Selling Your House Fast in Las Vegas
Working with a real estate agent is not the only way to sell your home. Selling to a cash investor is also an option. As long as you work with a reputable company, you can expect the following perks:
- Cash offers. When you choose a company like We Buy Any Vegas House, you can expect a full cash offer. This is appealing to many sellers because there is no need to wait on financing, appraisals or inspections. In fact, our Las Vegas home buyers usually pay closing costs, too!
- Selling as-is. Typically, investors purchase properties as-is, sight unseen. This allows you to move out of the home without having to take care of things that would normally be your responsibility like repairs and maintenance.
- Fast closings. Real estate investors can usually close in about seven days. Bypassing the typical financing requirements speeds up the process considerably, which is great if you want to move today.
The Cons to Consider When Selling Your Home to an Investor
Usually, the biggest thing to watch for is the home buying company you partner with. There are bad seeds in every industry, so it’s important to do your research. Here are some downsides to be aware of:
- Investors don’t need a license. Be careful about who you sell your home to. Real estate investors don’t need a license to operate, so they can scam you. We recommend working with an established company with positive reviews.
- Your home will sell below market value. You probably won’t get the full market value for your home when you sell to an investor. However, selling your home as-is saves time and money, so you can actually come out on top here.
Final Thoughts When Selling Your House Fast in Las Vegas
Every seller’s situation is unique, so there is no best option for everyone. We encourage you to do your research and weigh the pros and cons of selling your home for cash. We Buy Any Vegas House offers free, no obligation cash offers. Contact us today to get your cash offer and we can move forward from there if you choose!