Successfully selling your Las Vegas property requires you to give buyers what they want. Knowing what they want is the tricky part, especially as buyer needs vary based on location, price range and type of home. Nevertheless, there are some home features that you can’t go wrong with.
Let’s explore the most and least popular home features, according to the National Association of Home Builders’ What Home Buyers Really Want report. This will give you an idea of what areas to focus on when selling your property.
Most in Demand Home Features in Las Vegas
- Laundry room. Everyone has laundry to do, so it’s no surprise that this room is important for buyers. To make this space functional, consider adding butcher blocks to front-loading machines and built-in cabinets for storage.
- Energy-star rated appliances. While it’s not necessary to replace your appliances before selling, buyers do favor homes with new, efficient appliances. Families, in particular, place value onto homes that are move-in ready. Fortunately, you can save money by choosing a budget-friendly stainless steel appliance package.
- Walk-in pantries. Believe it or not, walk-in pantries are one of the most-wanted kitchen features. These large pantries are functional and help families stay organized by storing canned goods, paper products and even small appliances.
- Hardwood flooring. Hardwood flooring is an in-demand feature because it’s low maintenance, easy to clean and good for people with allergies. It also looks great with all decors! You can achieve the look of hardwood with the real thing, as well as sturdy laminate or waterproof vinyl.
- Exterior lighting. Good exterior lighting can help grab a potential buyer’s attention. It’s also a safety feature. There are a number of options you can try, and none of them have to be expensive. Examples include solar lights, spotlights, pendant lights and walkway lights.
- Ceiling fans. Ceiling fans improve the aesthetic of the home and help lower energy costs in the summer, which is great for Las Vegas home buyers. For added functionality, choose fans that have built-in lighting.
Features Las Vegas Home Buyers Don’t Want
There are some features that buyers don’t care to have. Things don’t need to be perfect, but most people want to move in over the weekend without having to do much work. With that said, here are some features buyers don’t care to have:
- Wall-to-wall carpeting (especially in a hot climate like ours)
- High-maintenance landscaping
- Popcorn ceilings
- Brass fixtures
- Faux crystal faucets
- Old, inefficient appliances
What If I Don’t Have the Time or Money to Make Upgrades?
When listing your home for sale, there are always minimum upgrades you should make. However, you must balance this with your time and money, as not all improvements offer a return.
If your home has serious flaws, you may want to consider selling your home for fast cash in Las Vegas. When you choose this route, you don’t have to worry about finding a buyer who wants a fixer upper. Generally speaking, even these buyers are only looking to make light repairs. Foundational issues, water damage and other flaws are not things the average buyer wants to deal with.
However, a cash buyer takes homes in all conditions. Because they pay cash, they don’t rely on traditional bank financing. This allows the process to move quickly, and there are no inspections or appraisals to slow things down. While you won’t get the full market value for your home, you save money on repairs and can keep the full cash offer.
If you’re interested in selling your house for cash in Las Vegas, contact We Buy Any Vegas House today. We offer free, no obligation cash offers – see what we’ll buy your home for today!